Not a member? join here
Members log in to see Webinar click here
Over the past year, many stakeholders have been calling for reform to the California Beverage Container Recycling & Litter Reduction Act; since the January 2016 closure of hundreds of redemption centers, the calls are getting louder. If you want to understand the most up-to-date financial status of CalRecycle’s Recycling Fund, we invite you to join us on our next webcast.
We’ll provide answers to questions we hear frequently, such as:
• What are the policy reasons behind the structure of the program?
• Which stakeholders receive payments from the program, and how large are the payments?
• What is the status of the loan repayments?
• What is the status of CalRecycle’s financial deficit?
• What are proportional reductions, and when will they begin?
• What are legislators talking about in terms of reform this year?
• Are the redemption centers being underpaid for processing recyclables and by how much?
• What can be done to correct the situation?
Susan V. Collins, President of CRI, will narrate the ever-changing financial status of California’s program. While “proportional reductions” have been staved off for the last few years, CalRecycle is looking to implement proportional reductions yet again, perhaps beginning as soon as March 2018.
Tune in to see which entities would be affected if the status of the fund does not improve and if proportional reductions are implemented, among other implications.
Susan Collins- President, Container Recycling Institute
Jenny Gitlitz - CRI consultant
Ed Dunn – Executive Director, San Francisco Community Recyclers