2013 Bottled Up Report
Download the free report today or order the individual data package for your state for a fee.
As part of its thought leadership and mission to help improve beverage container recycling in the U.S., the Container Recycling Institute (CRI) periodically performs an analysis of beverage container sales and recycling rates which are produced as authoritative published reports for use by decision makers and recycling advocates across the country. The most current version of CRI’s signature report is Bottled Up (2000-2010) - Beverage Container Recycling Stagnates.
This latest report from CRI and expert contributors from the field shows that sales of disposable beverage containers have increased over the past 10 years, while recycling rates have stagnated. Released in 2013, the “Bottled Up” report can be used as an up-to-date resource for research and analysis regarding current beverage container recycling and the environmental impacts of beverage packaging. The report is accurate and comprehensive—full of valuable recycling information you won’t find elsewhere! We’ve compiled the latest data on beverage container recycling and packaging together in one reference document.
What is covered in the individual state-by-state spreadsheet packages?
Each data package includes tables containing sales, recycling and wasting data for most beverage types and beverage packages sold in the United States—by state or for the U.S. as a whole! It is user-friendly with a wealth of information derived from industry and government sources, and is easily modifiable.
Each spreadsheet package includes:
- Total and per capita sales in volume and units, categorized by carbonated and non-carbonated beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and packaging types including traditional and non-traditional material types.
- Market share analysis by beverage, package, and both beverage and package
- Existing recycling and wasting as well as hypothetical scenarios
- Modifyable recycling rate estimates
Download a Sample spreadsheet Today! [xls, 400 KB]
Why order the state spreadsheet packages?
- Get data on beverage and packaging sales for any state & the U.S.
- Determine current & hypothetical levels of recycling for your state
- Establish a baseline before implementation of recycling policies or programs
- Project revenues and environmental benefits from additional recycling
Who can use the state spreadsheet packages?
- Recycling businesses
- Beverage companies
- Environmental activists
- Concerned citizens
- Government officials
For further information about Bottled Up: Beverage Container Recycling Stagnates (2000-2010), or to order your copy, contact CRI. Please mention that you are requesting a data package, and which state (or the US overall) you would like to receive. Your data files will be emailed to you in Microsoft Excel format.
Sponsors of the Bottled Up report